Re: [Evolution-hackers] Corrupted mail send to too many correspondant

Hi Jeffrey and Michael,

Le lun 12/07/2004 à 16:16, Jeffrey Stedfast a écrit :
rfc0821 is what specifies the max line length when sending to an SMTP
server, which happens to be 998 octets (not including the CRLF
sequence). So that makes it 1000 bytes per line max.

Ok. So, it is normal that some MTA (like exchange server) didn't handle correctly line which are larger than this 1000 bytes limit.

I have no idea why his version doesn't wrap because mine
does...reliably. I even pasted his same address list into my composer
and sent a message off and it wrapped as expected (it actually tries to
keep all lines under ~80 octets since one of the mime specs suggest
headers should be folded at that length).

upgrade to 1.5.90 and see if that still has the problem. Being this
close to a 2.0 release, I don't feel it's worth the time to investigate
into 1.4 problems.

I upgrade to 1.5.90 (with many problem). In fact I take an old Mandrake system (9.2) and used red-carpet to update to evolution 1.5.9 from the evolution-snapshot-devel channel.

Since I can't migrate my account (evolution crash on migrating my Contact) and because 1.5.90 is to unstable, I setup a new account and make my test with a fresh message. It was the same. Mail arrived corrupted and from ethereal line are not folded when they were sent to SMTP server.

I also perform another test on a Mandrake 9.1, but this time with the ximian package instead of Mandrake one, in case of. Again, same behavior, same corrupted mail, same capture with ethereal.

I could reproduce the same behavior on a fresh installation with my personal account instead of my office account.

If I remember right, this problem didn't occur with evolution 1.2.x series. But this was too old and take to many time to test.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

Jeff

--
Project Manager for Network architecture and switching Division
 & FT/DR&D/CORE/M2I           | mailto:Olivier Dugeon francetelecom com