Re: [Evolution-hackers] special calendar backends

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> I think it could just be a [ ] Birthday Calendar on the personal
> calendar list, that is not visible (no checkmark) by default. But it
> would be there so people see why it is nice to fill in the birthday
> field on contacts.. Of course if you delete it, how to get it back? Hmm.

yes, that (and making sure it is added by default) is the core of the
problem.
and also, with the current infrastructure, we'd need a seprate calendar
category as well (i.e. we'd have Local/Personal, Local/Business,
Local/..., Remote/Source1, Remote/Source2,..., Birthdays/Birthdays(???)

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001