Re: [Evolution-hackers] Category Searching

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 13:17, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 02:19, Bryan Clark wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 12:10 +0200, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > > Hm, what if we include all categories the user has "seen" - I mean, all
> > > of the "native" evo-supplied ones plus any category that has been seen
> > > in an address card in addition to those? So that Evo would "remember"
> > > any special ones once it has been encountered once..? Is this something
> > > that could work?
>
> The main problem here would be LDAP currently, the addressbook does not
> by default load all cards for LDAP.  This means no categories could show
> up until you searched for LDAP entries in some way other than by
> category (ie by last name, at which point any categories on the returned
> cards would become "known").

It's not that the addressbook doesn't do it by default.  That makes it
sound almost like it could if we wanted it to.  In most cases it can't
do it at all, either because the user has configured a smaller search
result number, or the server has a search limit.

Chris