Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

Not Zed wrote:

FWIW, and probably not much, we have a design team who addresses this stuff anyway. They're not active on the hackers list since they don't hack. I think its a well known fact that engineers (and egads even worse, computer scientists) are the worst people to design UI's - I know i'm a prime example.

Hi,

So are there public ways for inquiring minds to learn what goes on in this design team?

Since I don't know what the design team is planning, I would like to throw another idea out there.

You can't optimally integrate components into an application suite and the desktop at the same time. You must pick one - it is a design choice. I hope, in the future, we choose to integrate optimally with the desktop.

In the end, the desktop is the product.

One reason I have read, so far, for keeping the suite bundled is that there are many interdependencies between components. The mail component needs to interface with the address book and calendar. Well, so does the rest of the desktop. And so do alternate mail readers.

Jon