Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

> It is hard to design an interface to "do a million things and do them
> well."

Which is why we modularized things a bit more.

And which is why the interface never did.  Ever.  The interface changes depending on your context.  If you have mutliple windows open and don't use the component buttons, then in effect you get multiple separate interfaces which don't contain any real overlap apart from that new button (and the top-level config page).  Which is just an integration feature anyway.

So the above statement has no bearing on the reality of evolution.  Unless you mean in a broader sense of not being able to do an interface well with an X toolkit, which has some merit in my current cynical mood :P.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.