Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

On Die , 2004-04-18 at 11:23 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 00:37, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > built-in support for handling calendar attachments (imip?  i can't
> > remember all the calendar protocols.)
>
> at some point, it will also depend on it for the Followup-Flag feature.

Sure. But there is no reason to require a fully complete calendar
application to be
loaded in order to get these pieces of integration. You don't need to
have evolution
running at all to subscribe to web calendars, with evolution-webcal, for
example. You
don't all of gnome running to use evolution, so why should we require
the reverse?

Saying the architecture is broken isn't an argument against fixing the
architecture.
And the current architecture is broken with regards to the way the gnome
ideology is
headed. And fixing the architecture in Evolution to allow completely
separate,
integrated applications is not hard. Most of the code will be the same.
It just needs
some code re-organization and API cleanup in the UI bits, to do this.

-- dobey