Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution's editors

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:41 -0500, Anna M Dirks wrote:
> Hi Christine,
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 13:35 -0500, Christine McLellan wrote:
>
> > I'm not quite following what the Attendees/Show Schedules tab will
> > look like .... any chance of mockup?
>
> Certainly! So the idea is this -- currently, when you are using the
> meeting editor, you have to pick whether you want to view the "Meeting"
> tab, or the "Scheduling" tab. (Since they are both tabs of the same
> notebook, you can't possibly view both at the same time.)
>
> The problem this causes is that if you want to check someone's free/busy
> time while you are adding them as an attendee, you have to switch back
> and forth between those two tabs. (While you *can* add attendees on the
> scheduling tab, the size of that attendees list makes it prohibitively
> hard to read/provide all the information associated with an attendee. In
> practice, using the scheduling page to add attendees is less than
> practical.)
>
> In my design, the "Scheduling" tab because its own window, which is
> launched by pressing the "Show schedules" button. This window may be
> viewed alongside the attendees page, making it possible for the user to
> see significantly more data at once.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> I made a mockup of this window, and it is viewable here:
> http:/primates.ximian.com/~anna/editors/sched.png

So I thought about this a bit, a lot of other similar apps combine the
adding of attendees and the free busy info (so basically you'd only get
the old scheduling page with bits to do an organizer).  We didn't do
that previously because we added the extra information as per the
icalendar spec (type, role, rsvp status).  There was an idea a while
back to make these icons.  Perhaps then everything could fit on one
page.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>