Re: [Evolution-hackers] GNOME Certificate Database Library proposal

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 22:30, Not Zed wrote:
> BTW, what are the plans, if any, to deal with PGP certificates etc?
>
> It would be nice to have a common gui for either type.

I thought about that, I think that the API can be abstracted in order to
have different type of certificates and keys. My experience with the
Java APIs tells me that some kind of abstract class or interface could
be defined in order to allow multiple certificate type implementations

Example Base Certificate class
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/security/cert/Certificate.html
Specific X509 Certificate implementation inheriting from Certificate
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/security/cert/X509Certificate.html