[Evolution-hackers] How to automatically check and select the proper protocol?

Hi libsoup hackers,
    We meet the problem while building and using libsoup with gnutls.
Currently libsoup uses TLS1 as default protocol, but when we have to
connect a server which only supports SSL3, we always get handshake
failure.  Following piece is my e-mail to gnutls guys, it would be
highly appreciated if you guys could provide us some help on it?

Thanks,
-Sean

Hi  there,
    We meet a problem when using gnutls, hope you can provide us some
help, :)
    In the case when we do not know what protocols the server supports
beforehand,  we have to test and select
the protocols server supports.  We wonder if there is an automatic
mechanism for gnutls to help us complete the
checking and selecting process.
    Our problem is from the following case: we have a server which
supports SSL3 while not  support  TLS1. Thus
if we set the protocol priority as {GNUTLS_TLS1, GNUTLS_SSL3, 0},  it
does not  work as we expected to
try TLS1 first and if failing to try SSL3. Instead, after trying to
handshake with TLS1 failed, it is return with error.
    Any idea about that?

Cheers
-Sean