[Evolution-hackers] Re: Emergency: why "evolution-addressbook-export" is not in the evolution 1.4 (pre-) release?

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 23:18, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The binary was being excluded as it was in $(bindir) and it was supposed
> to be installed to $(privlibexecdir). This was being done to keep the
> beta packages of 1.3 parallel installable with 1.2. Since this is no
> longer the case, I will add the binary back to the list of files. I was
> not aware that anything used it. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't
> think anyone else was aware either. If we move it to $(privlibexecdir)
> in 1.4.1, is that still going to work for you?

 I strongly suppose it is in $(bindir). That is because
staroffice/openoffice can easily find it, otherwise, staroffice have to
do some unreliable searching  for the "evolution-addressbook-export".
As we know, $(privlibexecdir) will be like /usr/libexec/evolution/1.3/
the notation 1.3 or some later 1.4 or 1.x is a big obstacle for the
staroffice, especially for an released verion.  That is to say, how
could staroffice know what is  the future verion number or
$(privlibexecdir) is?

Anyway, I suggest at least it should be put into an fixed location and
please let us (addrdev-evo-so sun com)"  know  your decision ASAP.

Thanks
Gilbert