Re: [Evolution-hackers] CORBA and Java

Hi Cubat,

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 07:23, Cubat Dit Cros Christophe wrote:
> I want to make a java application using the evolution calendar. I guess
> the best way is use the CORBA ORB put i can't connect the gnome
> nameservice.

	Right; you need to fork 'activation-client' and parse the output from
Java to do this at all sensibly; that will do the bootstrapping action
for you, and ensure that the server is activated if it's not there
already.

	Sun are also doing some considerable work to improve this area right
now so, perhaps you want to talk to Henry - I imagine he'd like testers
/ more input.

	Regards,

		Michael.