Is there a `watch file' feature planned?

Various Linux users at my site are still using Gv (gv(1)
http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~plass/gv/) and GGv (ggv(1)
http://directory.fsf.org/ggv.html) because they find their `watch file'
feature indispensable. (If this option is set, gv(1) and ggv(1) check
the modification date of the input file - by default once a second - to
see if it has changed. If it has, the file is re-read. Amazingly, the
users insist that the file time must be checked this frequently.)

Is this a planned feature for Evince? Gv won't last for ever, and isn't
Evince meant to replace GGv? (We still have Evince 0.4.0 - my apologies
if the `watch' feature has been added since then; I can't find any
mention of it on the web site.)

John A. Murdie
Department of Computer Science
University of York