logitech back/foward buttons not working

Hey all.  I tried out the latest version of epi (well, previous to the
just announced version today that is) and the only thing that seems to
not work nicely compared to firefox is the back/forward buttons in my
logitech mx700 mouse don't seem to work.  These are the buttons on the
side that would duplcate clicking on the back or forward buttons.  They
seem to work out of the box with Firefox using the following setup in my
xorg.conf file:

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Logitech MX 700"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option      "CorePointer"
   Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
   Option      "Device"          "/dev/input/mice"
   Option      "Resolution"      "800"
   Option      "SampleRate"      "500"
   Option      "Protocol"        "ExplorerPS/2"
   Option      "Buttons"         "7"
   Option      "ZAxisMapping"    "6 7"
EndSection

Is there a way to set this up without the need for a bunch of imwheel
and xmodmap setup?  Any reason why firefox works and epi doesn't?

TIA

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike