XULRunner and Epiphany

As package maintainer for Archlinux, I would like to switch from Firefox
to XULRunner as backend. This has several reasons:

- Firefox has too many API changes
- A browser will never make it as main browser if it needs another one
installed
- Firefox is not meant to be used as normal embedding component
according to the mozilla developers.

Since XULRunner 1.8.0.1 was released yesterday, I wanted to make a
package and see what epiphany does with it. The patches I need to apply
seem to be a little bit outdated in the wiki, so I would have to find
out which bug is fixed and which is not (the same as with firefox
1.5.0.1). Since the codebase is shared, I guess I can get away with the
same patches I applied to firefox 1.5.0.1.

My biggest concern, before even starting this operation: what is the
downside of switching to XULRunner for epiphany 1.8.x, and what would be
the downside of switching for epiphany 1.9.x/1.10.x?