Re: Reading Forums

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:41 +0100, Kristoffer Lundén wrote:
> I think it's annoying and disturbing "flow".
>
> However, I understand that it may also save the work of many... but
> couldn't here be another way to implement it? Even detecting that
> changes have been made is not good enough for me, since I often start
> edits/posts and then change my mind. So...

And just as with an email or text file, you'll get a confirmation
dialog. To me, this is a feature which provides continuity across the
desktop. I have no qualms about seeing a confirmation box when I'm about
to throw away my work, just as I do in Evolution.

> Am I correct in the assumption that the use case mainly is accidental
> navigations?

For me, it's far more often accidental window-closings. There's no
usable way to "undo" those. (With accidental navigations, the "back"
button brings back my text anyway.)

Adam