Re: Feed icon

Both Straw and Blam! have nicer interfaces than Liferea. Blam! has no way of categorising feeds though, whereas Straw uses a categories system that is a better design than Liferea's hierarchy of folders (it is both more powerful and provides a much cleaner and easier to use UI, I think).

Straw would probably be the best choice for a GNOME RSS reader (I'm not sure if Liferea has any features that Straw lacks), but if Blam! can sort out a categories feature it might be better.

On 12/20/05, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Lars Strojny wrote:

> I think if GNOME uses a default reader, it should choose Liferea

If people want Liferea to be the default GNOME feed reader, they should
post a proposal for inclusion to the desktop-devel-list.

(However looking at
http://liferea.sourceforge.net/help/preferences_en.html I can't help but
think that it would need a lot of UI-love first...)

> good way. It supports a DBus to couple with other apps.

The current newsfeed extension already talks to Liferea through DBUS.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen       ***  student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***  mobile phone: +31-6-44360778