Re: Bookmarks menu

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 07:52:20PM -0800, Link Dupont wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 19:23, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 19:08 -0800, Link Dupont wrote:
> >
> > > Just chattin' with noda on IRC and I came up with a neat idea. I'm not
> > > sure if its been thought of or not, but I'd like to propose it.
> > > I personally would find it extremely useful if there was a menu (like
> > > the "Menu bar") that was basically the bookmarks menu in the browser. I
> > > think that'd be most helpful. Anyone think its a slick idea?
> > > --
> > > Link Dupont <link subpop net>
> >
> > I think there is already such a thing.  It is called the "bookmarks
> > bar."
> >
> > Right click on a link in the bookmark editor, and select "show in
> > bookmarks bar."
>
> Okay, guess I should flesh out my idea a bit. We take the bookmarks menu
> exactly as it is now, and add it to the gnome-panel as another menu.
> When you select a bookmark item from the menu, it open's up ephy to that
> location. Make sense? I can gimp up a mockup if you want.

Something similar is available if you go into the bookmarks editor,
right click on a category (including all) and select "show in bookmarks
bar".  It's not exactly what you are thinking of (if I'm understanding
what you're looking for), but it's pretty close.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain