EXIF reader for EOG

Jens tells me that he is no longer the maintainer of EOG, but that this
list is the right place to send such a suggestion.

I have been collaborating with Phil Harvey, the author of exiftool.  His
tool seems to be the one piece of free software that gets the most
detailed exif data of /any/ tool I've found.  I notice, for example,
that EOG doesn't get nearly the amount of data that exiftool can
extract (such as focal length of lens used, EV of scene photographed, etc).

I don't know exactly what mechanism EOG uses to extract EXIF data, but
if there's a way it can use the exiftool perl script, your users will be amazed.
Here's the URL: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Best regards,