Re: SVG, LIB_RSVG and Corel Output

Hi.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Zitan Broth wrote:
> I am using lib_rsvg (http://librsvg.sourceforge.net) to translate
> SVG's to PNG/JPG and it is working really well, espect for one
> problem.  When I open SVG's images outputted from Corel 10 I can't see
> them!  I've been asking some questions over there about this, but at
> risk of cross posting (hope you all don't consider this cross posting
> :-)), it seems to be that lib_rsvg is using EOG to render SVG's in the
> first place.

Of course, eog uses lib_rsvg to render SVG files. However, we currently
don't use it directly but rely on gdk_pixbuf's rendering interface from
the gtk+ library.

> [...]
> The issue seems to be to do with the x and y coordinates, although I
> can't but my foot on it.  Attached is a simple svg file that EOG
> renders to nothing.  If anyone has any suggestions at all, workarounds
> and anything ***please*** let me know I would so ***appreciate*** some
> advice on this issue.

SVG support isn't tested that well. This is surely a bug in either
gdk-pixbuf or eog. Please issue a bug report in bugzilla and attach the
svg file and a screenshot of how it is supposed to look and how it looks
in eog.

Thanks,

  Jens