Thoughts on the collection view

Hi eog list:

I've been playing with the collection view and have some quick comments.

1. It would be nice if the nautilus collection view was a split screen
view, the bottom showing icons of all the images in the dir and the top
a view of the currently selected icon. This feature really makes the
winxp photo view really useful, and I'd like to see it part of eog (I
also suspect that this feature is one of the reasons people seem to like
gthumb). Without such a feature, a simple icon view doesn't really
provide much beyond the nautilus icon view (exception is the really cool
fullscreen).

2. The eog thumbnails look flat. Nautilus adds a slight background to
its thumbnails that make them look 3dish, would be cool in eog did this
as well

3. It seems like eog creates new thumbnails whenever it is used to view
a folder.

4. could the background color of the view be switched to match the one
used in nautilus icon view.

anyway nice job

dave