Re: image clasification.

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=F3pez Nataren Cesar Octavio?= wrote:

> yes ,I have already skip through the API of gdk-pixbuf. And there I found some
> functions that I need, like: width, eight, access to actual pixels,
> etc...but I was wondering if for example in the case of PGN, would be
> better to use gdk-pixbuf or libpng? gdk-pixbuf use libpng as far as I know.

gdk-pixbuf is a generic API for all kind of image files, which wrapps all
those specific image libraries like libjpeg, libpng and others. If the
accessors for image attributes in gdk-pixbuf are sufficient for your needs
I would definitly use it in favor of other low-level libs.

Regards,

  Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin