Re: Exif information in eog

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 08:16, Gerald Champagne wrote:
> Has anyone considered adding exif support to eog?  I see that there's an
> exif library here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libexif

Disclaimer: I wrote that library (and even libexif-gtk providing some
gtk widgets).

> It looks like it would be really easy to display something like
> time/date stamp to the status bar, or add a dialog box with complete
> exposure information and camera settings.

Yes. You are aware that only JPEG files can include EXIF metadata? EOG
uses gdk-pixbuf to render images - you would need to access the files
directly to check for EXIF data in them as all metadata information gets
lost in gdk-pixbuf.

Anyways, gnome-gv displays some information about the file in the status
bar. Something like that in EOG sounds interesting.

If you need help regarding libexif, contact me.

Lutz
| Lutz Müller                 +49 (7156) 34837 |
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                         |
| 71254 Ditzingen       http://www.topfrose.de |
| Germany           lutz users sourceforge net |