Re: 'View as Embeddable EOG Image' in Nautilus

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 20:10:07 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> El dom, 30-09-2001 a las 09:16, Benedikt Roth escribió:
> > 'View as EOG Image" works for me, but "View as embeddable EOAG Image"
> > still fails..
>
> I don't know about the specific Nautilus bug, so I can't comment on
> that.
>
> However, I don't see a reason why Nautilus should let you view things as
> embeddables rather than controls.  Embeddables are supposed to be things
> you embed in a document-type application, e.g. an image from EOG in a
> word processor or a Guppi chart in a Gnumeric spreadsheet.  Controls are
> just componentized widgets.

Yes, exactly. This issue was already clarified by Lutz and me but I/we
did not CC the eog-list in my/our mails, sorry.

Short summary:
From: Lutz Müller <urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de>

On Sun, 2001-09-30 at 19:40, Benedikt Roth wrote:
> No, I have no idea. But I remember vaguely that Jens Finke told me that
this
> option should not show up when I asked him at LinuxTag why
> "View as embeddable EOG Image" was not working in nautilus.
> Isn't the embeddable eog image for using eg. in gnumeric to integrate
> images into a spreadsheet, so it would not make any sense for it to show up
> in the view options for images in nautilus?
You are right. If you can make that disappear while leaving the EOG image
viewer in - that's ok.

Lutz

So eventually I applied the patch I sent to the list.

Regards,

        Benedikt

--
Happy GNU Year