Re: eog status

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Earle Robert Nietzel wrote:

> I noticed that the latest eog now compiles and runs, although the
> preferences menu option doesn't do anything!

> If you would like me to work on something in particular just ask
> otherwise I just keep poking around.

The main goal for me is to get the basic eog functionality (viewing
images) working well for gnome2. This includes:

o view all image types which gdk-pixbuf can handle (should work but IIRC
there are some issues with tiff and xpm images)

o drag'n'drop support (especially with nautilus; is basically there but
must be ported to gnome2)

o get the viewer component working with nautilus (means to rework the
embeddable interface, lots of changes here with bonobo2)

o get preferences working

o printing

o be able to save images at least as jpeg and png images.

o maybe rotating, scaling of images

o fix all the reference leaks which prevents the viewer component to
shutdown correctly

o make it very stable

Help is appreciated for any of the above items.

Regards,

   Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin