Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] SRTP with Ekiga

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:25:39 -0700
"Alexandre Passito" <alexandre passito gmail com> wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> How can we exchange efforts in the development of srtp for Ekiga?
> We'd like to contribute with it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alex
>
> 2006/9/29, Daniel Smertnig <daniel smertnig gmail com>:
> >
> > On 9/29/06, Alexandre Passito <alexandre passito gmail com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'd like to know if somebody is working to put SRTP in Ekiga. If so, how
> > is
> > > the working going? I'd like to help in this task.
> >
> > Craig Southeren is implementing SRTP in the OPAL library with the help
> > of libSRTP and I am implementing ZRTP (a protocol for SRTP key
> > negotiation). I also have a native SRTP implementation against an
> > older OPAL version lying around but it most likely won't be used.
> >
> > Unfortunately I did not get much done during the last two weeks or so,
> > because I am currently occupied moving and other stuff related to
> > university (yea! :-)). I think I will have more time again in another
> > week or two, when things have calmed down.

As Daniel indicated, he has working SRTP and ZRTP code. We expect to
be working on having this in OPAL/Ekiga once Daniel is available again.

If you have the ability to test SRTP key exchange mechanisms for SIP
that are not ZRTP, that would be very useful.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting