TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.14.0 Beta 1 (2.13.90) Development Release

Hi all,

It's getting really cold out there, and there even was some snow here,
this morning. To be honest, this is not a surprise since we've started
to freeze everything (API/ABI, feature, module and now UI). Everything
is not frozen yet: look at your bugs in bugzilla and try to fix all the
one related to strings (hint: look for the "string", "L10N" and "I18N"
keywords).

Let's come back to the snow, since this is also important. What do you
think about igloos? This is really something that I find fascinating.
I mean, sleeping in an igloo is an unique experience. I've read that
temperature can increase up to 20°C in an igloo! Can you imagine this?
Hmm? Oh, you want to read the typical content of the "tarballs due"
mail. Sure, here it is:

Tarballs are due on Monday (January 30th) for the GNOME 2.14.0 Beta 1
(2.13.90) Development Release, which will be delivered on Wednesday.
If for some reason you are not able to make a tarball before Monday,
please send a mail to the release team: we can find someone to roll
the tarball for you!

With this release, we enter the UI freeze: this means that no UI
changes may be made without approval from the release-team and
notification to the GDP.

We're still in string change announcement period: all string changes
must be announced to both gnome-i18n and gnome-doc-list.

Please note that we now use a hard deadline for tarballs: tarballs
uploaded after Monday 23:59 UTC will not be included in 2.13.90. Ask
around you: it already happened to some modules, so we're *really*
not including late releases!

For more informations about 2.13, the full schedule, the official
module lists and the proposed module lists, please see our shiny 2.13
page on the wiki:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen

To help write good release notes, please add major user-visible changes
happening during the 2.13 release cycle to this wiki page:
       http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen_2fReleaseNotes

Thanks,

Vincent

PS: wow, I just found out that there are some igloo hotels. Looks
really cool. I know, it's not like real igloos that were (or maybe I
should say "are"?) used by hunters. And I suppose they have to build the
whole hotel every year...

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.