Claiming gnome-terminal maintainership

Hi all,

as some of you have probably noticed, gnome-terminal has been in need of
love for some time now. Unfortunately, Mariano Suárez-Alvarez, who is
currently the maintainer of the module and has done huge amounts of work
for it, seems to lack time to continue working on it. The last time he
committed changes to the code was on 2004-11-29, before the release of
2.9.2, and the last commit to cvs.gnome.org using his account was on
2004-11-30, releasing 2.9.3.

After that, some great people such as Kjartan Maraas, Olav Vitters,
Elijah Newren, among several others, have been working to keep it in
shape, but it has never really had a maintainer, what I think it should
have, believing it is a very important piece of our desktop.

Because of that, and also after seeing people chasing a new maintainer
for it, I got interested and, on Kjartan's advice, tried to contact
Mariano. That happened at the beginning of December and I have had no
reply until now. Some people think I have already waited long enough, so
here I am.

Do you think I can take gnome-terminal?

Cheers,

--
gpastore gnome org: Guilherme de S. Pastore
http://www.gnome.org/ * http://gnome-br.sf.net/