Re: NLD10 and GNOME

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 10:43 +0000, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question to anyone who may be in the know. After seeing
> the NLD10 videos, it seems the GNOME in there is rather similar to the
> mockups shown at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamehack/sets/1506658/

Indeed, these mockups were made internally at Novell by the UI team
(same guys that brought you betterdesktop).

> I made a comparison in a blog post at
> http://www.jonobacon.org/viewcomments.php?id=637 to outline the point.
>
> Do we know if these radical changes to GNOME have been implemented,
> and if so, are the changes coming back to the community?

The changes that were implemented were not as radical as the mockups.
Basically what Nat F. showed in Paris is what was implemented.  The code
will be released to the community soon.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>