Re: roadmap status update/update request

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:41, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >and they don't vote in web polls on osnews
>
> nobody said anything about this being an osnews project (might get hosted
> there, but not being an osnews project). I needed this to be an *official
> gnome* project, and send out the news on the announcement mailing lists too
> (and then have news sites linking to the resource) to make sure it gets as
> much diverse gnome audience as possible! Maybe even add a bookrmark on
> Epiphany! Let all kinds of users know about it not just the osnews or
> slashdot power users!

I agree with you 100% by the way. It would be interesting to do the poll
anyway, even if it is an unofficial one.

Though I agree with others that a web poll may only attract the
enthusiast community, and may not be representative of all users. So the
results may need to be filtered and incorporated with any feedback
coming from the main GNOME vendors, or other places like GNOME reviews.

By then choosing a top-n list and publicising it, we can encourage
people to work on those issues, just as people are encouraged to fix HIG
issues. It also gives new hackers ideas for what to work on.

I think it is worth trying, at least.

Damon

PS. I do think discussing how to incorporate user feedback into the
development cycle is appropriate on this mailing list. How much more
relevant can you get??