Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2005 �3:31 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje a �it :
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:17, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > 	* This breaks the published schedule, new features and modules
> > 	  were supposed to be locked-down on July 13th:
> >
> > 		http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTwoPointEleven
>
> Or, to put it in different words: how does the release-team feel that
> deciding to use 2.8 makes sense (as in: is a big help to developers) at
> this stage when we're deep, deep in feature + UI freeze and days off
> from string freeze? We can barely use any of the features *because of
> the freeze*.

Errr... The new API will help fix at least 2 or 3 bugs [1] in the panel
(unfixable without the new API). And there won't be any UI change caused
by this. It's definitely useful now.

Vincent

[1] try to make your top panel vertical. Enjoy the menu bar ;-)
This is a first example of what can be fixed thanks to the new API.

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�