Re: The State of (in)Consistency of Save Confirmation Dialogs

В Чтв, 27/01/2005 в 21:31 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero пишет:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 23:47 +0100, Markus Bertheau wrote:
>
> > Can't we just have the applications choose a sensible name and place for
> > the file and save it without asking?
>
> That would be the desired behavior if all apps followed the model of
> "you don't have to explicitly save your stuff".  But most apps these
> days follow a model where the user must explicitly save his files.

I understand that it would be better if all apps did not expose the
implementation model of hard disk vs. RAM, but I don't understand why
the behaviour described above should not be appropriate for the
currently used model. Can you detail on this?

Markus

--
Markus Bertheau ☭ <twanger bluetwanger de>