Regarding system tools backends

Hi all,

Now that the modemlights applet uses the gnome-system-tools backends, it has become quite urgent
to separate frontends and backends, right now they're packaged together (although the backends dir
is quite prepared to compile separatedly, being a CVS module linked to the GST one)

So for me the question is when to do that, as dividing GST in 2 modules will mean to do so in the
current stable branch as well, IMHO we have 2 options:

- do this ASAP, and do the same in the stable branch
- wait to the last stable release for doing this

For those worried about stability and introducing new modules in the desktop, it shouldn't be an
issue, as it would only require really small autofoo changes, and the module was already there
(just inside another module). So with this said, I think that the correct approach would be the
second option, what does people think?

           Regards

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es