Re: Enforce some restrictions on unstable APIs in the desktop release? (Was: gok broken with new libwnck)

Le mardi 22 f�ier 2005 �0:19 -0700, Elijah Newren a �it :
>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:05:39 +0000, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
>>         i.e. the change has happened, you're going to have to deal with it. I
>> don't think this was neccessarily went against any policy, because we
>> don't have any policy on this other than "libwnck can change its API at
>> any time". I do think, though, that we should have a better policy than
>> that - e.g. that unstable APIs should remain frozen from API freeze time
>> until the next development cycle.
>
>Sounds reasonable to me for future releases.  Do we want this to just
>apply to libwnck, or to all unstable APIs in the desktop release?  If
>so, we need feedback from others whether this is reasonable and
>whether we want to add this as a rule for being in the gnome-desktop
>release.

This sounds reasonable, but I think we should add the possibility to
break the API freeze: I'm not in a favor of a strong policy for unstable
API. Asking the people who use this library before committing would be
helpful.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�