Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 16:21 -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> This isn't the place to start a KDE/GNOME flamewar. End users is very
> general. Everyone likes something different. The current desktop
> trendiness is to be flashy with colors and stuff. OS X doesn't really
> have that much color. It's just a very well done interface. Making
> things shiny with a billion colors doesn't mean it is better.

I was working under the impression having less major colours is a good
thing. From memory, the icons are done using the HIG palette with some
intermediate colours for gradients and such.

Designers I have met will tell you when doing a design, pick a small
number of colours and stick with them. It creates a feeling of
uniformity throughout a publication or website (or GNOME Desktop).

--d

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA