Re: Gnome 2.10 Showstoppers : the list

Vincent Noel wrote:

** gnome-panel

Bug #146075
Crash while adding images to desktop
   To reproduce : Activate translucent panel, open the background capplet and
   quickly switch the background image twice.
   An X error is produced in panel-background-monitor, that lead to an applet
   crash and eventually a panel crash.
   Sneaky bug with plenty of duplicates. Unclear how to fix it.
No idea how to fix the bug, but we could try to avoid it. Just add a timeout after changing the image once, so that a subsequent change of the background is delayed half a second or so. I know, it's a coward way to handle it, but... :p

Regards.