Re: Just a question

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 19:58 +0200, Topaz wrote:
> In fact, my attraction is smoother than the 'shift key' one, window
> can be attracted by other windows or by screen border. Moreover the
> attraction gap is gconf controlled.
> So this is why I thought it is an improvement.

There's definitely a feature to be done other than the shift key thing.
The bug Rob pointed out is the one to read. Metacity basically uses
bugzilla instead of a mailing list, but this is the list if you want to
discuss.

I can tell you that we usually add a gconf parameter to a feature only
if it turns out to be absolutely required, for this feature it would be
much better to just figure out a good gap and hardcode it, or
automatically deduce a good gap in some way.

Havoc