PROPOSAL: GNOME-Backgrounds for GNOME 2.10

This is a proposal that the gnome-backgrounds module should be included
in GNOME 2.10.

The gnome-backgrounds module was started by Mark Finlay as part of his
"GNOME Beautification" project, and maintenance has subsequently taken
up by me to try and continue (along with my work at art.gnome.org) this
effort.

In the attempt to provide a polished complete desktop I believe it is
important to create a default set of backgrounds of adequate size and
variety to complement the existing selection of themes available in
GNOME. Most modern desktops already have a set of backgrounds included
in them so that users can have aesthetically pleasing desktops "out of
the box". This module not only includes these backgrounds, but also
includes integration with the gnome-background-chooser for
internationalisation support.

Obviously with an artwork module, file size is a concern. The module is
currently approximately 3.4MB (compressed) and I don't expect it to grow
much more than this.

CVS:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-backgrounds/