Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Volume Manager for GNOME 2.8

Hey,

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 15:55 -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> We should be changing the icon theme spec, because it doesn't mesh
> well with the other theme specs. It is the odd one out installing the
> theme files in ~/.icons, instead of ~/.themes/themename/[THEMETYPE].

While changing stuff, I'd like to raise both hands for audible things,
too. Please, can we add something to the spec for audio themes?

We had something like metathemes in the past, I believe. If we're
packing things all together, is it possible to store somewhat more
metadata about font settings (fonts themselves?), window manager things,
GTK+ theme itself and icon themes? This would be great, so we can
exchange a single packed .theme file, which contains a complete
audiovisual desktop theme: a better representation of nature.
--
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
|          |  Software developer, IT consultant
|    FRONT |