Re: Lock'n'load! [Was: Integrating system tools in GNOME]

El jue, 03-06-2004 a las 22:40, Jerry Haltom escribió:
> Of course here's my question. If every desktop looks the same. If every
> tool works the same. What's teh point of a distro? ;0

The point of a distro is a carefully selected choice of packages with
support.  It has nothing to do with tools.  It would be so much better
if distro makers would band around gst and kcontrol to build their
config tools instead of just making third-party tools which increase the
barrier of learning any two linux distros.