RE: Indubstrial 0.2.0 [Was: Industrial as default theme?]

fre 2004-06-04 klockan 05.30 skrev Christian Neumair:
> Am Do, den 03.06.2004, 12:13 Uhr -0700 schrieb Eugenia Loli-Queru:
> > >Try this out:
> > >http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/random/indubstrial-0.2.0.tar.gz
> > >(You need the Industrial GTK+ and Metacity themes installed, I recommend
> > >the
> > >latest you can get, preferably from the 0.2.36 packages.)
> >
> > Nice effort Jeff, it already looks better than the stock industrial:
> > http://img.osnews.com/img/7241/jdub.png (notice how the calculator's buttons
> > are now easier to distinguish! Thanks! :)

> Hrm the theme is still that bright. My eyes hurt. While the engine
> itself might be great, I feel like something similar to the default GTK+
> widget color would rock. That color would be perfectly suitable for
> everyday use.

Hm. I have pretty bad eyesight, and the main reason I always use
Industrial is _because_ it is bright and clear, with good contrast
text-background. The default is far too muggy for me - not that I
_can't_ use it, but it takes a bit of effort I would rather do without.

Also, frankly, a theme as dark as the default is not very pretty :)

I really, really like Jeff's tweaks above.

--

Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel.    +46-046 222 8588             Dr. Janne Morén (mr)
Home:   +46-046 211 4973             Dept. of Cognitive Science
Fax:    +46-046 222 9758             Kungshuset, Lund
                                     S-222 22 Lund, Sweden