Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

Jerry Haltom <jhaltom feedbackplusinc com> writes:

> Anyhow, discuss. I want to hear pros/cons, etc. This proposal doesn't
> require any new specifications of interprocess communication at all,
> simply a modification to the life-cycle of a program... which is handled
> by libraries such as GTK and QT.

You essentially suggested what I have been meaning to suggest for a
long time, but never gotten around to write up.

One downside is that the necessary application changesprobably can't
be done automatically by changing GTK+. Just adding
gtk_main_quit_after_losing_selection() and have applications call that
instead of gtk_main_quit() might be enough, though.

Søren