Re: Drawers in Metacity

It may make sense to have some sort of WM support for something like
this, but if we add it to metacity it would need to be a part of the
EWMH.  Alternatively this could be implemented by GTK by setting
TYPE_MENU on the drawers (maybe, not exactly sure of the semantics for
drawers). I don't have time to build it and try it out right now, so
some screenshots would indeed be very nice, and also a patch -up against
HEAD would be good.  If this could be implemented in GTK only it would
be better, since if the feature requires WM support many GTK apps
wouldn't be able to use it, since most would want to be able to be
ported to windows or to run under KWin or twm or whatever.

Couple of questions: what happens if you try to open a drawer when the
window is already against the left edge of the screen? I.e. does it push
over the window or just clip the drawer to the screen like a menu
would?  Also, should this be brought up on usability ?

-Rob