Re: Epiphany executable name change

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:13, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are going to be forced to change epiphany executable name because
> it conflicts with an older project distributed in debian.
> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=196491 for details.
>
> Someone proposed, while we are at it, to rename to gnome-web-browser.
> Has anyone problems with it ? Assuming it's ok to do it, would be better
> to use a symlink (and to rename the real executable to epiphany-browser
> to avoid the conflict) or to rename the real executable directly ?

Hi,
I think it's better to rename Epiphany (the game) into epiphany-game.
Why not?
I think the epiphany (game) maintainer could accept this path with no
problem.
The impact to renaming Epiphany (browser) is higher than renaming
ephiphany (game) related to the system.

In general I think that will be better having epiphany renamed to
gnome-web-browser but now it's not so easy due to the fact that epiphany
is the standard gnome web browser.

In my opinion a softlink to gnome-web-browser executable will be the
best.In that case we start to have immediatly a new package renamed with
the right package/executable name.

bye,
Luca Cappelletti

--