Re: GnomeVFS backend for GtkFileChooser

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 02:57, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > What do people think?  Or does it make better sense to put this into
> > libgnomeui [which is getting deprecated too fast for my taste, but...]
>
> Can't we put the GtkFileSystem interface in glib or something, then
> gnome-vfs can have the implementation without depending on gtk+?

Ugh, no:

 - GtkFileSystem is file chooser specific, putting it into GLib would
   be begging for abuse

 - GtkFileSystem is going to need gdk-pixbuf dependencies and possibly
   even GDJ dependencies (for icon drawing on Win32)

 - It's not just a header file ... we'd also need to put the
   registration and/or module loading system into GLib.

Regards,
						Owen