Re: Gnome desktop files doesn't follow the freedesktop standards

El mié, 29-10-2003 a las 13:37, Jeff Waugh escribió:
> AOL. There are three ways to go about it, on first inspection. Assuming that
> if we only had Epiphany installed, it would appear as Web Browser, we could
> choose from the following if Galeon were installed alongside it:
>
> 1) Web Browser (Epiphany)
>    Web Browser (Galeon)
>
> 2) Epiphany Web Browser
>    Galeon Web Browser
>
> 3) Epiphany
>    Galeon

I noticed in Sebastien's initial email, this:

- totem: Name=Totem Movie Player (should be totem)

Couldn't one option to have things appear like your option number 2, but
actually have the full name appear in the Name field, like totem does
above?  This would alleviate any i18n problems, and also follows the
current UI guidelines for the Name field.

Cheers,
Tim