Re: Proposal for inclusion of mozilla-bonobo in 2.5

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 22:52, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 22:08, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >   Supporting a generic bonobo plugin shouldn't be hard, though.  It
> > would just be a shim between the existing interfaces and what bonobo
> > provides.
> Isn't this exactly what mozilla-bonobo is?

Yes indeed. It's actually composed of 2 parts: the plugin
itself, and an executable (the "viewer"). The plugin launches
the viewer and passes it the XID it got from Mozilla. The
viewer then creates a GtkPlug with that XID, to which the
bonobo component is then added. The plugin and the viewer
communicate through pipes.

Christian Glodt

P.S.: I'll be visiting a conference next week, and I don't
know if I'll have net access. So I may not be able to respond
to email. In any case, I'll be back on the 1st of November.