tasklist_applet 1.4 in RedHat7.2/7.3 versus WindowList-applet 2.2 in RedHat9

Firstly, I apologise for appending this here as I guess it belongs elsewhere but gnome has a lot of lists and I don't know my way around ...

I recently upgraded two machines from RedHat 7.2/7.3 to RedHat9. One big change for me was the tasklist applet . On RedHat7 this was called the Gnome Tasklist applet at version 1.4.0.4. On RedHat9 this has been replaced by a rather different applet called Window List applet 2.2.0.1. For a number of reasons I much prefer the old Tasklist 1.4.0.4, and find the WindowList almost unusable. I can explain why if anyone is interested, but, briefly, it concerns the smaller, lower-contrast bitmap icons. This single change is preventing me from upgrading and I have had to revert back to RedHat7. My question is, is it at all possible to download and install the TaskList 1.4.0.4 onto my RedHat9 system? I have looked at the Gnome Site's "Software Map" web pages hoping I would find one or both of these but don't see either of them anywhere to my surprise. Just FYI, although this is probably not relevant, on my systems,
   on RH7,     TaskList 1.4.0.4 is part of the gnome-core-1.4.0.4-54 rpm
on RH9 I am not even sure exactly what WindwoList is part of, but at least some it it is in gnome-panel-2.2.0.1 rpm

Any help on this really appreciated.

John