Module proposal: CVSGnome

Hello,

please allow me to jump on the Wagoon of the Module proposals for a
moment. OK I know this doesn't directly affect Modules inside GNOME
directly (e.g. Applets, Tools and Programs used _ON_ the Destkop) but I
think I'll take my chance to bring up CVSGnome in the round.

You know that I've been working on CVSGnome for over 3 years now.
Maintaining it, releasing new versions of it and helping people to find
their individual solution to build and install GNOME.

This can also be seen as promoting GNOME in the public, helping people
to set up GNOME in case they have problems finding RPM's, DEB's and so
on. Unfortunately I personally feel that my work isn't being honoured
the same way than other "similar" solutions. I have already a picture of
why this to be the case (no, I don't think that it's my fault) but I
would like to NOT get into this yet and wait for first reactions (in
case someone likes to reply).

But after 3 years of CVSGnome, the large userbase that I got and the
proven acceptance of thankful people who got their GNOME set up and
running by using CVSGnome - I do think that it's about time to give it
the same right of acceptance being listed as 'Build Solution' on the
pages where also GARNOME and JHBUILD are listed. I don't see any reasons
why this can't be done. You don't lose anything and only gain more
accpetance in the public. In case something fails the user can try an
alternative solution and may be more successful with what he/she was
trying to do. This is a general benefit not only for a single person, no
there is a benefit for the entire community. GNOME is who benefits from
it.

CVSGnome can be found here:
http://www.akcaagac.com/index_cvsgnome.html

CVSGnome german docs are here on the official GNOME.de site:
http://tipps.gnome-de.org/installieren/cvsgnome.php