Re: Recently used applications

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 20:13, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > - Why didn't those users create shortcuts for those application in XP's
> > shortcut bar, which would have allowed them to launch them with a single
> > click rather than two or more?

> I've never really seen Windows users I know edit menus or add stuff to
> the taskbar. The desktop seems to be where they figure out to put
> things.

For that matter, that's where I tend to put useful-but-not-essential
application shortcuts when I'm using Windows too.  So I guess my
question should really have been "Why didn't those users create
shortcuts for those applications on the desktop or in the shortcut
bar?"...

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever created a shortcut to a document
though, either in GNOME or Windows.  Maybe it's because I think they're
too transient to warrant one.

Cheeri,
Calum.