Re: Recently used applications

Le mar 29/10/2002 à 01:52, Dave Bordoley a écrit :

> Pretty much agreed we didn't want the feature, calum and I discussed
> this in the bug, open to reconsideration if needed though.
>
> The rationale for recent documents is that it moves the interface
> towards a more document centered approach, hence users can think about
> the objects they want to manipulate rather than the tools they want to
> use to manipulate them with. This feature is a real step forward.

Can you explain me what document I have to manipulate if I wish to have
an IRC chat session ?

Just to say that evrything you do with a computer can't be document or
object centered. All is not black or white, trade-off is the key.
Usability tend to forget it too much often to my mind.

--
Danigo Ludovic
<ldng nerim net - ldng free fr>